Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Hands On Atlanta Day Task Leader
Position: Hands On Atlanta Task Leader
Description: This volunteer will support Hands On Atlanta projects throughout the year by leading specific volunteer tasks on site for 5-30 volunteers, helping project managers where needed, guiding volunteers through a fun and meaningful experience, and sharing their experience with our community.
As a task leader, you’re an extension of the Hands On Atlanta team, and expect you’ll treat everyone with respect, gratitude, and patience. For your efforts you’ll receive a Hands On Atlanta t-shirt and endless high fives!
During the Project:
- You’ll lead a specific task and should be the on-site pro!
- Greet your volunteers and get them started in the task to be completed
- Know where your bathrooms, water fountain, and parking will be
- Be energetic and lead with customer service
Before the project:
- Select from the list of developed projects, the site, and the task you would like to serve
- Make a site visit to your selected site and meet with your Hands On Atlanta project manager, agency or school contact at site visit
- Read your workscope to know all of the details of your project (including on site location)
- Make sure you have enough tools and materials for your volunteers
- Know where the nearest hospital is in the event of an accident at your site, call 911LEAD
Other tasks include:
- Close your project down in time for clean-up and to thank your volunteers for coming
- Take attendance of your volunteers and send sign in sheet to Hands On Atlanta
- Capturing volunteer moments and sharing them with our marketing team to share on social media
Qualifications: We are looking for someone who is comfortable leading a group of 10-30 volunteers on a variety of projects, someone who can commit to 1 or more projects the week of October 5-12, and someone who can represent Hands On Atlanta well!
Ideal Candidates: Individuals passionate about volunteerism, professionals with flexible schedules, retired individuals, graduate students, business employees who have time to volunteer throughout the week, and individuals with leadership experience.
Requirements: Over the phone screening, clean criminal and NSOPW check, In-person Hands On Atlanta Task Leader training provided by Hands On Atlanta (1 hour), Commit to 1 or more projects the week of October 5-12
Time Commitment: Project prep will take 2-3 hours, and a project will be 5-7 hours.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: