Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Beautification of the Farm @ Truly Living Well East Point
TLW, a 501(c)3 based in Atlanta, works to engage the community in developing local food systems through education and food production. In addition, TLW demonstrates urban agriculture as a sustainable and economic solution for helping people to eat and live better. It is our mission to grow better communities by connecting people with the land through education, training, and demonstration of economic success in natural urban agriculture. We’ve spent five years creating rich soil used at both farm sites and for sale to community gardeners.
Volunteer tasks include:
- Clearing all weeds and overgrown debris with rakes, shovels
- Creating rock borders with “found” rocks provided on site
- Establish space on west side of building (marked) for future herb garden
- Apply fresh coat of paint on herb benches
- Add fresh mulch to area where picnic tables will be repositioned (at front of building)
- Clear out tall planters at mailbox entrance. Replant with pansies (provided)
- Add mulch to defined areas as needed in front of office
- Tools and gloves will be provided.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to serve by themselves. All volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by parent or garden. Court ordered volunteers are permitted to serve. (Please note: Individuals who have been convicted of or charged with any crime involving or relating to child abuse or neglect, child pornography, child abduction, or any other violent offense, including kidnapping, rape or any sexual offense, or who have ever been ordered by a court to receive psychiatric or psychological treatment in connection with such crime or crimes are NOT permitted to register on this site.)
This project site is not wheelchair accessible. Volunteers are asked to bring a refillable water bottle and wear hat/head covering. Volunteers should wear closed-toe shoes and long pants that can get dirty. Tools and gloves will be provided.
This is a rain or shine event. Please be prepared for volunteer event cancellation if the is a forecast of 50% or more chance of Thunderstorms on the day of the volunteer opportunity.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: