Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:18+
Trees Atlanta: South Fork Conservancy (Hands On Atlanta Day 2018)
Founded in 1985, Trees Atlanta works tirelessly to address Atlanta’s tree loss, protect its forests, and create new green space. Trees Atlanta is a nationally recognized non-profit citizens' group that protects and improves Atlanta’s urban forest by planting, conserving, and educating.
Hands On Atlanta Day volunteers will pull nuisance weeds, control invasive plants and protect native trees and plants along South Fork Conservancy's Confluence Trail.
- Volunteers as young as 12 can serve with an adult.
- It is important to arrive on time so each volunteer sees our demonstration (it takes 10 minutes).
- We also want all volunteers to stay for the entire project.
- Wear pants and a long-sleeved shirt, closed-toed shoes or boots (waterproof is best), and clothes that can get dirty.
- Bring drinking water in a reusable container. It is important to stay hydrated when working. No one-time-use plastic bottles, please.
- Forest Restoration is hard work, so eat a good breakfast and come prepared to work hard.
- Projects happen rain or shine, so please check the weather beforehand and come prepared.
- Trees Atlanta will provide all necessary tools and instruction, though volunteers may prefer to bring their own work gloves.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: