Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
MORNING- Project GRANT canopy care
Please join the Grant Park Conservancy in our mission to care for historic Grant Park - we depend on volunteers like you to help keep the park healthy and beautiful!
Project GRANT (Greenspace Restoration and Neighborhood Teamwork) convenes monthly in the park for morning (9 AM - noon) and afternoon (1 PM - 4 PM) work sessions. Both sessions will tackle labor-intensive projects throughout the park including invasive plant removal, tree canopy care, trash pick up, and special projects. Volunteers are welcome to sign up for one or both sessions!
Our meetup location is typically the Milledge Fountain, at the intersection of Cherokee and Milledge Avenues (use 600 Cherokee Avenue, 30312 for mapping purposes). If the meetup location changes, we will let you know in an email before the work day.
A few details:
- Physical activity - such as bending, lifting, dragging, and digging - is required.
- Projects happen rain or shine, so please check the weather and be prepared.
- The Conservancy will provide all necessary tools and gloves.
- Volunteers should wear sturdy, close-toed shoes or boots and clothes that can get dirty - long pants and sleeves are highly recommended! You WILL get dirty on a work day in the park, so don't wear your best kicks or your nicest white pants!
- Be sure to bring sunscreen, bug spray as needed, and drinking water in a reusable container. No single-use plastic bottles, please.
- If you are joining us for the afternoon session only, please note potential parking challenges around the park - carpooling or ridesharing is encouraged.
Thanks for helping take care of Atlanta's historic Grant Park - we look forward to seeing you!
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: