Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Centers of Hope Classroom Support Volunteer
After-School Program volunteers engage Kindergarten students in STEM, literacy and service learning enrichment activities in City of Atlanta’s Centers of Hope. Volunteers also serve as positive and encouraging role models for students and create an environment that supports social-emotional development.
- Working with Instructors to facilitate activities
- Ensuring a positive, safe and controlled environment
- Over the phone screening
- Clean criminal and NSOPW check
- In person orientation
- Experience with classroom management and STEM are a plus
- New ideas for activities and attention getters are always well received Ideal
- Enthusiastic/Funloving- The children have been in school all day and are ready to play when they come to our class.
- Patient- It is easy to forget that these children are young and require simple instructions. They often need to be prompted and reminded to stay focused on projects.
- Flexible- Sometimes our planned activities must be changed or adapted at the last minute.
- Calm- Individual children may get in altercations or become very loud. Being calm helps diffuse the situation and keep other students from reacting.
- 3 hours per week, the hours are 3:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M., Monday- Friday. We are seeking volunteers who are available to commit to a one day per week, 3-hour commitment from January- May.
This project is located in West Atlanta.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: