Age Minimum (with Adult): 17+, Minimum Age:17+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Atlanta DeKalb Caribbean Carnival
The mission of the Atlanta Carnival Bandleaders Council (ACBC) is to promote a broader understanding and a deeper appreciation of Caribbean culture among the Atlanta community by seeking the interest of carnival bands and steel bands, and using the Atlanta Caribbean Carnival as a vehicle for the promotion of Caribbean culture. What better way to give back to our community and assist us in fulfilling our mission to promote cultural awareness through arts, music and Caribbean heritage.
- Set-Up and Take-Down Crew- Assist in the set-up and breakdown of festival and parade equipment such as: barricades, fencing, sanitation cans, signs, etc. Food and Bar Attendants- Run water, ice, or products to vendors and bar stands. Clean behind bar, refill ice, cups, napkins and etc.
- Patron Service Attendants- provide exceptional hospitality service to patrons in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner; greets and offers assistance to everyone they come in contact with, which can consist of: directions, getting in/out of golf carts, directing guests to wheelchair accessibility area in Festival Village; create an atmosphere of compassion and care for guests.
- Cleanup Crew- Assists in maintaining cleanliness throughout the carnival and festival grounds. Duties include picking up trash, water bottles, food plates, etc. during the parade, and concert in Festival Village.
- Runners- Duties include running errands for Supervisions, and transporting products in Festival Village.
- Gate Monitors- Provide gate coverage of assigned area. Greet and monitor patrons, masqueraders, vendors, as they enter gate. Implement emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations in timely manner. Report all issues, complaints and safety matters to Supervisor.
- Parking Attendants- Manage parking and traffic control in assign area and monitor all surface and garage parking areas for facility. Assist all customers to move in and out of vehicles with courtesy and maintain count of all vehicles.
- Marketing and Social Media Specialist- Implement social media strategy while managing and monitoring social channels. Curate and manage content to be used across multiple platforms. Help build online connections and facilitate relationships through an effective online presence.
- Kids Corner Assistants- Assist in monitoring kids as they play on game equipment in kid zone area. Limit any conflicts by keeping kids in an organized line as they utilize “kid’s corner” equipment. Transport Drivers- Use golf cart to transport patrons that need assistance getting to Festival Village due to health and physical ailment. Transport artist from hotel room.
Court ordered volunteers are permitted to serve. This project is wheelchair accessible. Please wear closed toe shoes. T-shirts will be provided.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: