Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:16+
Trees Atlanta Forest Restoration Invasive Plant Removal
Trees Atlanta is a nationally recognized non-profit citizens’ group that protects and improves Atlanta’s urban forest by planting, conserving, and educating. The vast majority of the work we do is accomplished with the help of volunteers including all the trees we plant and much of our invasive plant removal!
Volunteers will be using hand saws and pruners to tackle a large patch of Silverthorn.
- Volunteers as young as 12 can serve with an adult.
- It is important to arrive on time so each volunteer sees our demonstration (it takes 10 minutes). We also want all volunteers to stay for the entire project.
- Wear pants and a long-sleeved shirt, closed-toed shoes or boots (waterproof is best), and clothes that can get dirty.
- Bring drinking water in a reusable container. It is important to stay hydrated when working. No one-time-use plastic bottles, please.
- Forest Restoration is hard work, so eat a good breakfast and come prepared to work hard.
- Projects happen rain or shine, so please check the weather beforehand and come prepared.
- Trees Atlanta will provide all necessary tools and instruction, though volunteers may prefer to bring their own work gloves.
- Court ordered community service offenses that are allowed are: DUI, Speeding Tickets, Loitering, Reckless Driving, and other misdemeanors (at Trees Atlanta’s discretion). Theft offenses such as shoplifting, felony offenses, and violent offenses including battery, assault or animal cruelty are not eligible for community service with Trees Atlanta. All individuals who have been court ordered to perform community service MUST get pre-approved by filling out a Community Service Request Form. The form can be found at: treesatlanta.org/volunteer under the "Community Service" drop-down menu/bar. If you do not get pre-approved before volunteering, you will not be able to count your service hours towards your court-mandated hours.
This volunteer opportunity is part of Hands On Atlanta's Civic Leadership Program and is led by a trained Civic Fellow. The Civic Leadership Program transforms volunteer leaders into civic leaders while also supporting the needs of nonprofits.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: