Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Weekly Clothing Closet Volunteer
Sweetwater Mission is a coalition of local churches, businesses, civic groups, and caring individuals representing community at its very best! Preventing hunger and homelessness has been our mission since 1968. We are committed to battling the effects of poverty head-on to stabilize families and help move them into a more abundant life. Our families include low income, unemployed, under employed, retired and/or disabled individuals and families living in Cobb, Douglas, and Paulding Counties, GA
We provide food, clothing, education, and support services to our neighbors in need through the following programs:
• FOOD PANTRY: We attack food insecurity with our Healthy Choices Food Pantry, one of the largest in Georgia (according to statistics from the Atlanta Community Food Bank). Following a client-choice model, the Pantry provides a variety of nutritious items with emphasis on frozen meat, fresh produce, and fruit, along with grains and bread items. The Pantry serves roughly 1,200 families each month and is open Monday through Saturday. Our pantry is a cheerful operation: scrupulously clean, well-organized, and staffed by smiling and caring volunteers who also help clients load their cars. No one leaves without some food in their basket.
• CLOTHING CLOSET: We provide new and gently used clothing items for entire families and provide diapers for babies and adults, as well as bath soap, toothpaste and other personal hygiene products along with laundry detergent and household cleaning supplies.
• EDUCATIONAL TRAINING: The HOPE Programs offer work readiness training. The goal is not just to help men and women get a job, but to help them be retainable and promotable employees.
As a Clothing Closet Volunteer:
In the Clothing Closet you are sorting and inspecting donated items to ensure quality; hang item on hangers and place into our Clothing Room or working at the Clothing counter assisting the families as they enter/exit the Clothing Closet.
This volunteer position requires some manual Labor, occasionally lifting 40 pounds and standing from time to time. This position also requires closed toed shoes and no children under 18 are allowed
COURT ORDERED VOLUNTEERS
Community Service Volunteers must attend the Community Service Orientation at this link: Link to Community Service Orientation
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: