SVdP Thrift Store Associate - Chamblee
Respecting the dignity of each person, St. Vincent de Paul Georgia brings hope and help to those in need so they may achieve stability and move toward self- sufficiency.
Description of Role:
The thrift store associate assists in the retail operation of the thrift store.
- Assist customers by accepting donations and issuing receipts
- Sorting and pricing/tagging donations to be placed on the sales floor
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the sales floor
- Create merchandise displays that attract customers and entice them to purchase items from the store
- Answer customers questions in regard to purchasing merchandise and donating merchandise
- Placed approved donations on the sales floor
- Work closely with clients who have vouchers to ensure they receive the correct amount of items stated on the voucher
- Stocking book shelves
- Laundering and Ironing Linens
Other Duties as Required:
The Thrift Store Associate may be asked to perform other duties as needed and determined by the Store Manager.
- Help customer load large purchases into their vehicle
- Cleaning bathrooms and the shopping floor (i.e. sweeping, dusting and wiping down glass and windows)
- Theft prevention
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Professional and outgoing demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills
- Creativity, flexibility, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Retail experience is helpful but not required
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Monday-Saturday: 10 AM-6 PM
- ALL St. Vincent de Paul volunteers are requried to wear masks in the building
- ALL St. Vincent de Paul volunteers will be provided with gloves, hand washing stations, and hand sanitizer.
- ALL St. Vincent de Paul volunteers must practice social distancing with clients, fellow volunteers, and employees.
We do accept court ordered community service requests as long as the charge related to the community service need is not theft related or a violent offense.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:16+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: