Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:18+
Volunteer from Home: Meals On Wheels Atlanta Share Hope
Meals On Wheels Atlanta (MOWA) was founded in 1965 to support seniors struggling with poverty, food insecurity, and social isolation. Over more than 50 years, they have grown from a small soup kitchen to an organization serving more than 514,000 meals each year throughout the Atlanta area. They have also expanded our program offerings to respond to other critical needs in our community. MOWA now offers multiple services to support both older adults and veterans, including home-delivered and congregate meals, home repair services, and a food pantry.
For many MOWA homebound clients, the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing have resulted in even greater isolation. You can help share hope and brighten the lives of local seniors by writing a card or note of encouragement. Notes will be included in meal deliveries to Meals On Wheels Atlanta clients throughout Fulton County.
*Please note that this is a completely self-directed volunteer opportunity that can be done from home. Once you express interest, you can get started immediately. You will not receive a confirmation email. If you want volunteer with Meals On Wheels Atlanta in a different capacity, please contact them directly (https://mowatl.org/). This volunteer opportunity is not suitable for court ordered service.
Here’s what to do:
- Please express interest below so we know you are participating.
- Grab a card, postcard or piece of paper for the letter - don't forget an envelope!
- Be mindful of the size of your handwriting. Bigger is better! Keep it short and simple.
- Write your note or letters, filled with positive thoughts, poems, stories, or words of encouragement. There's no limit to how many you can do!
- Remember to use water or tape to seal the letters. Do NOT lick envelope.
- Send them to us! Mail your stamped letters or cards to Meals On Wheels Atlanta
Meals On Wheels Atlanta
1705 Commerce Drive NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Questions? Contact Victoria Shelton-Stroud at firstname.lastname@example.org or Alissa Robbins at email@example.com or call (404) 351-3889 ext. 245.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: