Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Grady Fresh Food Cart - Brookhaven
The Atlanta Community Food Bank, Open Hand Atlanta, and Grady are bringing back the true purpose of food. To fuel our bodies and bind us together as a community with a renewed focus on health and healing. Now you can be part of it!
Volunteer at our monthly Fresh Food Cart located at the Grady Brookhaven Health Center. Help us address food insecurity by providing access to healthy foods for Grady’s most vulnerable patients and their families.
- Sort, pack, and distribute food directly to patients
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to lift at least 20 pounds
- Stand for the duration of the event
- Court ordered volunteers are not accepted
In accordance with CDC and Food Bank guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following safety precautions:
- Upon arrival, volunteers will be screened for an elevated temperature and COVID-19 symptoms following the Grady visitor screening guidelines
- Volunteers and staff will be working about 6 feet apart; patients will be asked to stay in their cars; food will be packed early and registration shortened to avoid lines
- Surgical masks, gloves and hand sanitizer will be available and use will be required
This Food Program is an affiliate of the Atlanta Community Food Bank and is posting volunteer opportunities as part of a collaborative partnership between Hands On Atlanta and The Atlanta Community Food Bank. Through this partnership, Hands On Atlanta is providing training and support to select affiliate food program to increase their capacity to recruit, manage and retain volunteers, with the ultimate goal of strengthening services provided to families and individuals at risk of hunger.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: