Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
West Atlanta Watershed Alliance 2nd Service Saturdays
This program facilitated by the West Atlanta Watershed Alliance and made possible by a grant from USDA Forest Service for our Atlanta Children’s Forest Network, provides the opportunity for youth 10 years and older to participate in meaningful activities encouraging conservation, stewardship and experiential learning on the second Saturday of every month (excluding January and July).
Tasks: Trail building and maintenance, Invasive Plant Eradication, Habitat Restoration and other activities needed to manage the facility and grounds of this unique urban resource!
Court ordered volunteers are permitted to serve. This project site is wheelchair accessible Volunteers should bring their own water bottle and bug spray. All other materials will be provided. Volunteers should wear closed-toe shoes and breathable longsleeve shirts and long pants that can get dirty.
- Anyone who has been sick, travelled, or been exposed to someone who has COVID-19 in the last 15 days do not sign up for the project.
- If you are in a more at-risk demographic for COVID-19 (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications.html) we would ask you to consider not volunteering at this time.
- Each person will stand 6 ft apart from other volunteers.
- Masks are required for all volunteers.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: