Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
AFTERNOON- April Project G.R.A.N.T. 2021
Please join the Grant Park Conservancy in our mission to care for historic Grant Park - we depend on volunteers like you to help keep the park healthy and beautiful!
Project G.R.A.N.T. (Greenspace Restoration and Neighborhood Teamwork) convenes monthly on the second Saturday in the park for morning (9am– 12pm) and afternoon (1:30pm-4:30pm) work sessions. Both sessions will tackle labor-intensive projects throughout the park including invasive plant removal, tree canopy care, mulching, trash pick up and more. Volunteers are welcome to sign up for one or both sessions, and these work days are great for small groups or those in need of community service hours.
A few details:
***COVID-19 Precautions to be taken at each work day. Masks and social distancing required.*** See our website for more information.
- Physical activity - such as bending, lifting, dragging, and digging - is required.
- Projects happen rain or shine, so please check the weather and be prepared. Projects are only cancelled in the event of severe rain, thunderstorms and lightning.
- The Conservancy will provide all necessary tools and gloves.
- Volunteers should wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes or boots, and clothes that can get dirty - long pants and sleeves are highly recommended! You WILL get dirty, so please don’t wear your favorite white pants or your best sneakers.
- Be sure to bring sunscreen, bug spray as needed, and drinking water in a reusable container. No single-use plastic bottles if possible, please. The GPC does not provide water or snacks, so please plan accordingly.
- Street parking is availble on Park Avenue.
Thanks for helping take care of Atlanta's historic Grant Park - we look forward to seeing you! Please contact Alisa Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: