Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:16+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Day in the Dirt- Pitch in for Piedmont Park!
yBranch out and head outside with us to have some fun while making a dramatic difference in Piedmont Park! Day in the Dirt volunteers sustain and transform Piedmont Park by working together to make the park a more beautiful place.
- Projects are held Wednesday, 9 am – 11:30am . Due to the COVID-19 virus we will only have small groups working and practice social distancing planning projects so that volunteers work at least 6' apart from one another. If a group is more than 10 people we will break up into smaller groups. Public bathrooms have soap for hand washing before and after volunteering and hand sanitzer is available. We request that volunteers wear a mask when working in groups. All volunteers must fill out a waiver and return it to the Conservancy prior to volunteering the Park. Return the waiver to Erica Glasener at email@example.com. Please no drop in volunteers. Confirm by email the date you will volunteer and receive additional instructions.
- All projects take place outdoors and are based on the current needs of the park
- Projects include; pruning, weeding, mulching, collecting trash, rooting out invasive species, etc.
- Age requirement: 14 and up. Volunteers under the age of 16 must have a parent or legal guardian volunteer with them
- All volunteers must sign a liability waiver Waiver
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must have this waiver signed in advance by their parent or legal guardian. Click here for the minor liability waiver
- For all projects, we provide the required tools.
- Each volunteer is issued a new pair of work gloves. These are yours to keep and bring back to use if you volunteer again in the park.
- We require volunteers to bring a water bottle and a snack if needed.
- This experience is ideal for a family, individuals living together or individuals.
- Court-ordered volunteers are accepted. Must be pre-approved by the Conservancy. Click here for an application.
- Location: Volunteers will check-in outside of the Piedmont Park Conservancy office in Piedmont Park. Please be prompt. We will wait for 10 minutes before beginning a project. Our office is adjacent to Magnolia Hall and the parking garage (shared by the Park and Atlanta Botanical Garden). Piedmont Park is accessible by walking, bike, Atlanta BeltLine, MARTA and car. Visit our website for directions and a park map.
- Parking: Parking is available at the garage shared by the Park and Atlanta Botanical Garden. The best GPS address for the garage entrance is: 1320 Monroe Dr., NE, Atlanta, GA 30306. There is a fee to park - the Conservancy does not validate parking. Park on Level 1 (the lowest level). Enter the Park via the large entrance framed by 2 benches. You are now in the Welcome Plaza. Look to your right. You will see 2 gray buildings with a courtyard in between. Enter the courtyard between the 2 buildings. The Conservancy's office is the building on your right.
For more information, requirements, and to sign up for this opportunity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Some days may not be available due to events occurring in the Park.
Thanks you so very much for helping us make a meaningful and lasting impact on Piedmont Park by joining us for A Day in the Dirt !
Piedmont Park Conservancy is an official partner of the BeltLine. Official BeltLine Partner organization’s volunteer events occur within the 45 neighborhoods along the Atlanta BeltLine. Please keep in mind these events can take place anywhere within the 45 Atlanta BeltLine neighborhoods and are not typically along the trail, but meant to benefit the communities within the BeltLine corridor.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: