Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:18+
Grocery Delivery Driver from Intown Food Pantry - OPPORTUNITY REQUIRES A CAR
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, hunger is increasing in our community. Hunger impacts people in all walks of life, and the risks of COVID-19 has made it more difficult for some to physically get to the pantry safely. Therefore, we are offering more deliveries to ensure food needs are met safely for at risk guests.
Upon arrival at the pantry, Laura will give you the exact addresses of where to deliver the groceries.
Health and Safety
- You must wear a mask at all times, except when you are in your personal vehicle. If you have groceries in your vehicle, please wear your mask.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you enter the food pantry and each time you leave and return to your car. If you can, please wear gloves (can be dishwashing gloves that you sanitize) when handling the food to be delivered and remember to wash your hands before and after putting on gloves.
- You should be able to lift between 20 and 30 lbs in order to participate in this volunteer activity.
- Trust your instincts and if you feel unsafe, leave the situation.
Before you start your shift:
- Please do not volunteer if you are in a high risk group for COVID-19, as detailed by the CDC here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html
- Please do not volunteer if you or someone with whom you have been sharing space are experiencing the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- You must have a valid Georgia driver’s license, current vehicle registration, and active insurance.
- Each person signed up will be delivering to one route. This is not a group volunteer opportunity.
- Each delivery should take anywhere from 1.5-2 hours.
- When you arrive, please ring the doorbell/knock on the door (or follow the other directions given to you) and leave the groceries, returning to your car with minimal contact with the recipient.
- If someone does answer the door before you can leave, do your best to maintain 6 feet of distance from them at all times. Put down the package and let them pick it up, rather than handing it off.
- Please be kind and courteous. If the guest has feedback, please take note and send the info to Laura at email@example.com.
This Food Pantry is an affiliate of the Atlanta Community Food Bank and is posting volunteer opportunities as part of a collaborative partnership between Hands On Atlanta and The Atlanta Community Food Bank. Through this partnership, Hands On Atlanta is providing training and support to select affiliate food pantries to increase their capacity to recruit, manage and retain volunteers, with the ultimate goal of strengthening services provided to families and individuals at risk of hunger.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: