HM Mobile Volunteering
Helping Mamas is the Baby Supply Bank of Georgia. Our mission is to connect helping mamas to mamas needing help. We began operations in 2014 and have served enough families and children to fill the seats in Mercedes Benz stadium 4 times. We work with partner agencies throughout the Georgia area to provide diapers, wipes, clothing, and gently used baby products to families and children in low-income communities. In 2020, we launched our mobile program. We load our van with essential items and take them to high need communities across the state of Georgia.
COVID-19 has impacted our organization in many ways. We are grateful to our community supporters for allowing us to distribute over 1.9 million products in 2020 to meet the need during the pandemic. While we are always in need of Warehouse Warriors, we are excited to recruit for another volunteer opportunity. Our mobile program allows volunteers to distribute essential items directly to families.
Each site has a different address, please note that when signing up.
Please dress comfortably as most of these events take place outdoors. Dress according to the weather. Please wear closed toe shoes.
Age requirements: Any volunteer under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. We are allowing minors 5 years old and up to volunteer under adult supervision.
Volunteer opportunity is subject to change. You will be notified of any cancellations. Our number one goal is to keep our volunteers and staff safe. This in regards to COVID guidelines, inclement weather, or other event cancellations.
COVID UPDATES AND GUIDELINES:
- Location: Mostly outdoors: these events are drive through distribution style. Some locations are walk-ups (think community fair).
- Masks are not required for individuals vaccinated against COVID-19; masks are encouraged for unvaccinated volunteers. This option is dependent on the volunteer's comfort level.
- Registration and volunteer waiver required before volunteering. This will take place prior to the event and can be done electronically.
- Maintain a six feet distance.
- All minors under 16 years old must be accompanied by adults. This will be strictly enforced as a safety precaution.
- Volunteer Tasks:
- Unload items off the HM van
- Set up items in stations to create efficiency in the car line
- Opening boxes, separating products, breaking down boxes, replenishing items
- Load bins/products on the van.
- Work with a HM representative to translate demographic questions if needed
- We are always looking for bilingual speakers (specifically those fluent in Spanish) for our mobile events. If this applies to you, feel free to sign up. If this does not, you are still welcome to sign up as this opportunity is not limited.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out at email@example.com or feel free to call our office 770-985-8010 ext. 1003.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:16+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: