Urban Food Forest at Browns Mill Community Garden - Aglanta
- The Browns Mill Community Garden Team is a member of the AgLanta Grows-A-Lot program. We are part of the Urban Food Forest at Browns Mill, Atlanta's first Community Urban Food Forest. The Urban Food Forest at Browns Mill is also a new model for a City of Atlanta park. The Community Garden is managed by the garden members. We plant a variety of produce which is distributed among garden members, volunteers and community food pantries. As we are located in an area identified as a food desert, we are proud to say that all excess produce is distributed among other members of the community. Thank you for volunteering to work with our team to cultivate a more resilient, equitable and accessible food system for ONE Atlanta.The Browns Mill Community Garden Team is a member of the AgLanta Grows-A-Lot program. We are part of the Urban Food Forest at Browns Mill, Atlanta's first Community Urban Food Forest. The Urban Food Forest at Browns Mill is also a new model for a City of Atlanta park.
- WHAT: Volunteers will help with maintainace of the soil, planting, pruning, harvesting, weeding, watering, and site beautification projects.
- COVID + Garden Safety: Please a wear a mask & bring work gloves. (We have tools you can borrow if you bring your own gloves. You are welcome to bring your own tools too). Please wear a hat, and closed toe shoes and bring a water bottle. Please follow CDC recommended guidelines.
- Weather policy: If you do not wish to work in bad weather, we respect your wish! If there is inclimate weather, our leadership team will make the decision as to whether work will take place at the Community Garden that day and, if decided, a cancellation email will be sent to volunteers that have signed up for that day by 8:00am.
- For holidays: Volunteer events will be cancelled if they land on a major holiday.
- Contact: Rosemary W. Griffin at 770-262-6394.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: